Dental care is a huge part of growing up and pediatric dentists are experts in making sure that all children have the best opportunity to achieve healthy teeth for life. But pediatric dentistry is not just about brushing and flossing. Pediatric dentist Las Vegas also focus on developing healthy habits at an early age, such as good nutrition and using fluoride products regularly.
Pediatric dentists are pediatricians of the mouth. They specialize in pediatric dental care, and if you have younger kids in your family, then it is very important to find a pediatric dentist that you can trust for their development. Here are some reasons why taking your child to a pediatric dentist is beneficial:
1) Pediatric dentists understand children’s anatomy because they spend so much time examining them during routine visits.
3) Children who see a pediatric dentist regularly will have an easier time adjusting when they get braces as teens since there will be no new surprises with environments and staff.
4) Pediatric dentists have special training and additional education to provide dental care for infants, children, and teens. They go to school for 2-3 years after dental school to learn how to deal with children and other skills like sedation for kids.
5) A pediatric dental team will be more able to provide an understanding of your child’s dental health and their specific needs. In addition to understanding how to deal with the unique dilemma of children’s anxiety with the dentist, they also have training to deal with children who have special needs.
6) Pediatric dentists use specialized pediatric dental equipment that is smaller in size which helps them to get better results for children.
7) There is no minimum age for a child to see a pediatric dentist. We’ll see any child up to the age of 17 years old. The ADA recommends that children see a dentist as early as their first birthday, but many general and even kids dentists do not see children that young. Pediatric dentists are capable of and willing to see them.
8) The waiting rooms in pediatric dental practices are designed to engage and entertain kids. In the case of The Kids Dentist Of Las Vegas, we went above and beyond that. In fact, when we tried to have a room built for games and other fun things, the building contractors pushed back and said, “Nobody does it this extreme!”
9) Pediatric dentists are professional and know a lot about children – specifically the bad habits they are prone to such as thumb sucking and pacifiers. Our pediatric dentist will be able to advise you on how to handle these bad habits and give you good tips on how to beat them.
10) Kids are prone to anxiety when going to the dentist. A pediatric dental team can help create a fun atmosphere which lowers anxiety and increases engagement. The staff are also more interested in kids and can help to lower their anxiety by being extra attentive to their needs and providing added comfort and care.
We are confident that you will enjoy your visit to our office and find the answers to any questions you have about giving your child a great experience. In addition to excellent dental care, we hope to help them create good habits that will give them the foundation they need for a lifetime of good oral health.